Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Reading – trang 8 Unit 1 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 10 mới. Reading – trang 8 Unit 1 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 10 mới – Unit 1: Family life – Cuộc sống gia đình
1 Read the text and fill each gap with a word or phrase from the box.
Đọc văn bản và điền vào mỗi khoảng trống bằng một từ hoặc cụm từ từ hộp.
Breadwinning hardstuff care tidy contribute manager repair
In a typical family in Japan, different members have their roles and responsibilities to perform. The father is the head of the family. He takes (1)___________of his family by earning a living, guiding the children, and making the final decisions that affect the family. He help the mother manage the household and is responsible for the (2)____________ like lifting heavy things and repair work like fixing plumbing and electricity.
The mother is usually the (3)___________of the household. She takes care of the children and supervises household takes. She also helps to earn a living and (help) make decisions affecting the family. She plans the menu, does the shopping, and prepares the family meals. She either supervises or does house cleaning, laundry, ironing and other similar tasks. Today, however, both mother and father can share roles in homemaking and (4)_________.
The son in the family helps the father with some household activities such as doing simple home (5)__________. He helps the mother in the kitchen and with other household tasks. He also assists with other activities in the home like taking care of younger brothers or sisters watering the plants, and cleaning the house.
The daughter In the family helps the mother to do some of the household tasks like grocery shopping, cooking, washing dishes, cleaning, and keeping the house (6)________________. She also helps in taking care of the younger brothers or sisters. She may assist brother in other household tasks like doing the laundry.
In short, every member of the family should do some kind of household work, considering his or her age and health condition, and (7)________to making the home and beautiful and happy place to live in.
1. care 2. hard stuff 3. manager 4. breadwinning
5. repair 6 tidy 7. contribute
2. Look for the words from the text which mean
Tìm các từ trong văn bản có nghĩa là
2.someone in charge of or leading an organization, group, etc.
3. be responsible for controlling or organizing something
4. watch a person or activity to make certain that everything is done correctly
5. the list of food you can eat
3. Based on the information in the text, decide whether the following statements are true (T), false (F), or not given (NG).
Dựa vào thông tin trong văn bản, hãy quyết định xem các câu sau đây là đúng (T), sai (F) hay không xác định (NG).
1. The father in a typical Japanese family never cooks
2. Both the father and mother make the final decisions that affect the family.
4. The mother decides what the family eats.
5. Both the son and daughter help housework.
6. Sometimes the mother takes the family to the restaurant and chooses the menu for the family.
7. Male and female members of the family usually do the same
8. What household duties a family member does depend on his or her health and age.
1.NG 2.T 3. F 4.T 5.T 6.NG 7. F 8.T
4. Complete the table about each member’s role and responsibilities in a typical Japanese family.
Hoàn thành bảng về vai trò và trách nhiệm của mỗi thành viên trong một gia đình điển hình của Nhật Bản.
head of the family
] earning a living, guiding the children, and making 1 decisions, helping mother, doing hard stuff, doing repair work.
manager of the family
taking care of the children, supervising household tasks, earning a living and helping make decisions, j planning the menu, doing the shopping and preparing the family meals.
assistant / helper
helping father in small home repairs, helping mother J in household tasks, taking care of younger sister/ brother.
assistant / helper
helping mother in household tasks like grocery shopping, cooking, washing dishes, cleaning, and keeping the house tidy; taking care of younger sister/brother.