Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Vocabulary & Grammar – trang 32 Unit 4 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 10 mới. Vocabulary & Grammar – trang 32 Unit 4 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 10 mới – Unit 4: For a better community – Vì một cộng đồng tốt đẹp hơn
1. Underline the correct adjective in each pair
Gạch dưới tính từ chính xác trong mỗi cặp
1. Do you enjoy skateboarding or do you think it’s boring/ bored ?
2. Do you get annoying/ annoyed if your parent ask you to help out in your free time?
3. Do you like playing computer games or are you tired/ tiring of them?
4. Parents should be careful/ careless not to push their children too hard
5. Thanks for your advice. It was really useful/ useless
1. boring 2. annoyed 3. tired 4. careful 5. useful
2. Look at the puzzle below and find words that have the following meaning.
Nhìn vào câu đố bên dưới và tìm những từ có ý nghĩa sau.
1. To give money or goods to help a person or organisation
2. A person who does something, especially helping other people willingly anh without being forced…….. to do it
3. A system o giving money, food, or help to those who are in need because they are ill, poor, or homeless
4. Without a home
5. Lacking the standard of living conditions, education that most people have
6. Far away in distance, time, or relation
7. Poor and not having enough food, or clothes
8. Not able to use part of your body because it has been damaged in some way
3 Complete the sentences with the words from the puzzle in exercise 2. Use the correct forms of the words
Hoàn thành câu với các từ trong câu đố trong bài tập 2. Sử dụng đúng các dạng của từ
1. A group of businessmen in the local area___ ten million VND to this charity organisation last Tet holiday.
2. In our city, there are thousands of ___ people without a roof over their heads, warm clothes,or food to eat.
3. Do you agree with the saying ‘ ___ begins at home’?
4. Last summer holiday, a group of volunteer students came to help___ people in the area because these people didn’t have enough food to eat.
5. Our charity organisation is relying on ___ to run the office and answer phone calls.
6. In all buildings, we should improve facilities for people who are physically___
7. Last year, the Ministry of Education set up a nationwide educational programme for economically___ children.
8. The learning conditions of children in a ___mountainous village are really bad.
1. donated 2. homeless 3. Charity 4. needy
5. volunteers 6. handicapped 7. disadvantaged 8. remote
4 Complete the text with the past simple forms of the verbs in brackets.
Hoàn thành đoạn văn với thì quá khứ đơn của động từ trong ngoặc
Last year I__________ (1. read) an article about a real hero – Craig. He_________ (2.go) to Pakistan and he ______ (3.start) an organisation to help children in this country. How did Craig, a twelve-year-old boy, ____________ (4. begin) an organisation? He ______ (5. have) the help of some school friends in Canada. At first, there ______ (6. not be) any people from other countries in the organisation. When they started, they___________ (7. not have) any money so they______ (8. create) friendship schools. The organisation ______ (9. not have) any problems finding schools in North America and Europe that ______ (10. want) to help.
1. read 2. went 3. started 4. begin 5. had
6. wasn’t 7. didn’t have 8. created 9. dldnthave 10. wanted
5 Put each of the verbs in the past continuous or past simple.
Đặt các động từ ở thì quá khứ tiếp diễn hoặc quá khứ đơn
1. What_________ you ________ (do) when I called yesterday?
2. While I_______ (cook), he________ (watch) TV.
3. He________________ (see) a job advertisement on a local newspaper and ________ (apply) for the job.
4. At 8 am yesterday, my mother____ (teach) at school and my father________ (work) in his office.
5. It was 5 p.m, and it______ (get) darker and darker.
1. were you doing
2. was cooking was watching
3. saw applied
4. was teaching was working
5. was getting
6 Correct the mistake in each sentence.
Sửa lỗi trong mỗi câu.
Were you going to the cinema last night?
—► Did you go to the cinema last night?
1. The phone rang while I had lunch.
2. We were listening to some music when he was arriving.
3. It is 8.00 now and the film was starting at 7.30.
4. My sister and I were reading a comic book online when our father was coming in.
5. I wasn’t going to school yesterday because I visited my grandparents.
1. The phone rang while I was having lunch.
2. We were listening to some music when he arrived.
3. ft is 8.00 now and the film started at 7.30.
4. My sister and I were reading a comic book online when our father came in.
5. I didn’t go to school yesterday because I visited my grandparents.