Hướng dẫn giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh 12 unit 10 phần Language Focus. Language Focus – Unit 10 trang 75 Sách bài tập (SBT) Tiếng Anh 12 – Unit 10. Endangered Species – Những loài động vật bị đe dọa
B. LANGUAGE FOCUS
Exercise 1. Practise reading the following sentences, paying attention to the stressed syllables.
[ Thực hành đọc những câu sau, chú ý những từ được nhấn trọng âm]
1. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
2. Over a quarter of a century has elapsed since his death.
3. Computers consume a considerable amount of money and time.
4. Most of them have arrived on the bus.
5. Newspaper editors are invariably underworked.
Exercise 2. Use must not or need not to fill the spaces in the following sentences.
[ Sử dụng must not hoặc need not để điền vào chỗ trống trong các câu sau đây]
1. You ring the bell; I have a key.
2. We drive fast; we have plenty of time.
3. We drive fast; there is a speed limit here.
4. Candidates bring books into the examination room.
5. You write to him for he will be here tomorrow.
6. We make any noise or we’ll wake the baby.
7. You do all the exercises. Ten sentences will be enough.
8. I want this letter typed but you do it today. Tomorrow you will
9. You take anything out of a shop without paying for it.
10. You carry that parcel home yourself; the shop will send it.
Hướng dẫn giải:
1. need not 2. need not 3. must not 4. must not 5. need not
6. must not 7. need not 8. need not 9. must not 10. need not
Exercise 3. Replace the words in italics with a clause using may or might.
[ Thay thế các từ in nghiêng với một mệnh đề sử dụng may hoặc might]
1. Perhaps you will find you have made a mistake.
2. Accept his offer now. It is just possible that he will change his mind later.
3. Owing to the strike, trains will possibly be subject to change.
4. It is possible that parents will find that they cannot understand the way their children are now being taught.
5. Ask your bank manager. He will perhaps be able to advise you better than I can.
Hướng dẫn giải:
1. You may / might find you have made a mistake.
2. Accept his offer now. He may / might change his mind later.
3. Owing to the strike, trains may / might be subject to change.
4. Parents may / might find that they cannot understand the way their children are now being taught.
5. Ask your bank manager. He may / might be able to advise you better than I can.