Hướng dẫn giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh 12 unit 8 phần Language Focus. Language Focus – Unit 8 trang 59 Sách bài tập (SBT) Tiếng Anh 12 – Unit 8. Life in the Future – Cuộc sống trong tương lai
B. LANGUAGE FOCUS
Exercise 1. Practise reading the following sentences, paying attention to the contracted form of have or has.
[ Thực hành đọc những câu sau, chú ý đến dạng viết tắt của have và has]
1. They’ve been to China and eaten a lot of Chinese food.
2. You’ve given me exactly what I’ve always wanted.
3. She’s been very nice to us.
4. He hasn’t tried his best yet.
5. You’ve gone too far.
6. We haven’t done anything that’s not allowed.
7. She’s bought a bottle of champagne. She hasn’t known that he’s failed.
8. He’s always been in good health. He hasn’t seen a doctor for forty years.
Exercise 2. Choose the correct answer. [ Chọn đáp án đúng]
1. I don’t usually like staying at hotels, but last summer we spent a few days at very nice hotel by sea.
A. X / the / a B. the / a / the C. X / a / the D. the / the / the
2. tennis is my favourite sport. I play once or twice week if I can, but I’m not very good player.
A. X / a / a B. the / a / the C. a / the / a D. X / X / X
3. I won’t be home for dinner this evening. I’m meeting some friends after work and we’re going to cinema.
A. X / the / X B. X / X / the C. a / the / a D. the / a / the
4. unemployment is increasing at the moment and it’s getting difficult for people to find work.
A. The/X/a B. The/X/the C.X/X/X D. The/the/a
5. There was accident as I was going home last night. Two people were taken to hospital. I think most accidents are caused by people driving too fast.
A. an / the / X / an / the C. an / X / X / X / X
B. an / a / X / X / X D. the / the / the / the / the
6. Carol is economist. She used to work in investment department of Lloyds Bank. Now she works for American bank in United States.
A. an / the / X / an / the C. an / X / X / X / the
B. the / an / the / the / X D. an / the / the / an / the
7. A: What’s name of hotel where you’re staying?
B: Imperial. It’s in Queen Street in city centre. It’s near station.
A. the / the / The / the / the / a C. the / the / X / X / the / a
B. the / the / the / X / the / the D. X / X / the / the / a / a
8. I have two brothers: older one is training to be pilot with British Airways; younger one is still at school. When he leaves school, he wants to go to university to study law.
A. the / a / the / X / X / X C. X / X / X / the / a / an
B. a / the / X / X / X / X D. the / a / an / the / the / the
Hướng dẫn giải:
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. C
5. C 6. A 7. C 8. A
Exercise 3. Choose the correct answer.
[ Chọn câu trả lời đúng]
1. Jack has gone away. He’ll be back a week.
A. on B. in C. during D. by
2. We’re having a party Saturday. Can you come?
A. at B. for C. in D. on
3. I’ve got an interview next week. It’s 9.30 Tuesday morning.
A. at / on B. at / in C. on / on D. in / in
4. Sue isn’t usually here weekends. She goes away.
A. in B. at C. until D. by
5. The train service is very good. The trains are nearly always time.
A. by B. in C. on D. at
6. It was a confusing situation. Many things were happening the same time.
A. during B. in C. by D. at
7. I couldn’t decide whether or not to buy the sweater. the end I decided to leave it.
A. At B. In C. During D. For
8. The road is busy all the time, even night.
A. at B. in C. by D. since
9. I met a lot of nice people my stay in New York.
A. for B. since C. during D. by
10. I saw Helen Friday, but I haven’t seen her then.
A. on / since B. at / for C. in / by D. for / since
11. Brian has been doing the same job five years.
A. since B. at C. for D. in
12. Lisa’s birthday is the end of March. I’m not sure exactly which day it is.
A. at B. in C. on D. by
13. We have some friends staying with us the moment. They’re staying Friday.
A. at / by B. in / for C. on / until D. at / until
14. If you’re interested in applying for the job, your application must be received Friday.
A. in B. for C. at D. by
15. I’m just going out. I won’t be long. I’ll be back ten minutes.
A. at B. during C. in D. since
16. The plan has been changed, but nobody seems to know the reason this.
A. for B. of C. in D. at
17. Don’t ask me to decide. I’m not very good making decisions.
A. in B. at C. for D. with.
18. Some people say that Sue is unfriendly, but she’s always very nice me.
A. with B. for C. to D. in
19. What do you think is the best solution the problem?
A. at B. with C. for D. to
20. There has been a big increase the price of land recently.
A. on B. in C. by D. with
21. He lives a rather lonely life. He doesn’t have much contact other
A. with B. for C. of D. by
22. Paul is a keen photographer. He likes taking pictures people.
A. for B. to C. with D. of
23. Michael got married a woman he met when he was studying at college.
A. with B. to C. for D. by
24. He’s very brave. He’s not afraid _____ anything.
A. with B. for C. of D. at
25. I’m surprised the amount of traffic today. I didn’t think it would be so busy.
A. by B. for C. with D. in
Hướng dẫn giải:
1.B 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. C
6. D 7. B 8. A 9. C 10. A
11.C 12. A 13. D 14. D 15. C
16. A 17. B 18. C 19. D 20. B
21. A 22. D 23. B 24. C 25. A
Exercise 4. Choose the correct answer.
[ Chọn câu trả lời đúng]
1. Andy my wallet while he was walking home.
A. was finding B. has found C. found D. would found
2. I’m sorry, Dad’s not here this weekend. He’s to my uncle’s house.
A. been B. gone C. went D. goes
3. We can meet at the cafe the cinema.
A. across B. next C. opposite D. to
4. I haven’t read any English books last year.
A. yet B. for C. before D. since
5. The sports stadium isn’t as modem the skateboard park.
A. as B. than C. so D. that
6. this author written many books?
A. Did B. Is C. Has D. Will
7. My family arrived in this country fifty years .
A. already B. yet C. time D. ago
8. Several languages taught at this school.
A. are B. have C. do D. be
9. Thank you very much the presents you have given us.
A. to B. for C. of D. with
10. It’s best to go round the city centre on .
A. bus B. foot C. bicycle D. car
11. Alice is the girl guitar I borrowed for the concert.
A. that B. whose C. her D. which
12. Be careful when you step the bus.
A. out B. of C. down D. off
13. We used to live next to my grandparents.
A. door B. house C. place D. step
14. Adrian wanted to know where to my grandparents.
A. door B. house the CD player.
A. did you buy B. I had bought C. was bought D. bought
15. I’m afraid there aren’t to my grandparents.
A. door B. house cups for everyone to have some coffee.
A. many B. much C. enough D. so
Hướng dẫn giải:
1.C 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. A
6. C 7. D 8. A 9. B 10. B
11.B 12. D 13. A 14. B 15. C