Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others. Say them aloud.
Tìm từ có trọng âm khác. Đọc to các từ đó.. A. Phonetics – trang 17 – Unit 9 – Sách bài tập(SBT) tiếng Anh 7 mới – Unit 9 – Festival Around The World – Lễ hội trên thế giới
1. Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others. Say them aloud.
Tìm từ có trọng âm khác. Đọc to các từ đó.
Key – Đáp án:
1. D; 2. C; 3. B; 4. A; 5. A
2. Put the underlined words in the correct column according to their stress pattern. Practise reading the sentences.
Xếp các từ gạch chân dưới đây vào đúng cột chỉ trọng âm của các từ đó. Thực hành đọc với bạn bè.
1. Hanukkah is the Jewish Festival of Lights lasts eight days.
2. Families gather and light candles on a candelabra.
3. People eat fried foods and sing traditional songs.
4. Children may receive a small gift each of the eight nights.
5. They all enjoy and attend the festival.
Stress on 1st syllable
Stress on 2nd syllable
Key – Đáp án:
1. I didn’t think she combed her hair. Actually, she brushed it.
2. I didn’t think he emptied his glass. Actually, he filled it.
3. I didn’t think they walked way. Actually, they waited a long time.
4. I didn’t think the plane departed at 7 p.m. Actually, it landed then.
5. I didn’t think he danced last night. Actually, he played chess.
6. I didn’t think it snowed last week. Actually, it rained a lot.