Complete the sentences.
Hoàn thành các câu sau.. E. Writing – trang 22 – Unit 3 – Sách bài tập( SBT) tiếng Anh 7 mới – Unit 3 – Community Service – Dịch vụ cộng đồng
1. Complete the sentences.
Hoàn thành các câu sau.
I like to do volunteer work because___________________________________________________ .
She was late because of the heavy rain. —»She was late because______________________________
They choose to learn English because of the opportunities it may bring. —> They choose to learn English because_____________________ .
My uncle has moved to Da Nang because of his job. —► My uncle has moved to Da Nang because ______________________
I think Nova is a great volunteer because____________________________________________ .
Key – Đáp án:
1. I like to do volunteer work because I can meet new people.
2. She was late because it was raining heavily.
3. They choose to learn English because it may bring them opportunities.
4. My uncle has moved to Da Nang because he was offered a job there.
5. I think Nova is a great volunteer because she really loves working with children.
2. Look at the statements. Do you agree or disagree with them? Why/Why not? Write two or three sentences to explain.
Nhìn vào các ý kiến sau. Bạn đồng tình hay không đồng tình với các ý kiến đó? Viết hai hoặc ba câu để giải thích.
1. I believe that volunteer work helps me to make new friends.
2. I believe everybody should do volunteer work.
3. I think the government should pay for the work that volunteers do.
Key – Đáp án:
Câu trả lời gợi ý:
1.1 believe that volunteer work helps me to make new friends. I can go to different places and the people in need can be helped. We can also meet other volunteers and make friends with
2.1 believe everybody should do volunteer work. Volunteer work can improve things and he r problems the community faces. It can also change people’s lives by giving them help wh-Enl need it. It can make you feel good too.
3.1 don’t think the government should pay for the work that volunteers do. We volunteer want to helpothers, and not for money. If you wantto be paid then the meaning ofvolunti been lost.
3. Think about a problem that your community is having. Write a short paragraph to propose a volunteer activity to help solve the problem.
– What is the problem?
– What are the negative consequences of that problem?
– What do you want to do to help solve that problem?
– How are you going to do it?
There are not many trees and plants in the public places in my community. This makes it
attractive. I want to plant more trees in places like lake sides, and flowers in the square. I can
school can help us organise a campaign and make the community greener.