Read the paragraph and choose the correct answer A, B, or C for each gap.
Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn đáp án đúng cho mỗi chỗ trống.. D. Reading – trang 43 – Unit 5 – Sách bài tập (SBT) tiếng Anh 9 mới – Unit 5: Wonders of Viet Nam – Việt Nam diệu kỳ
1. Read the paragraph and choose the correct answer A, B, or C for each gap.
Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn đáp án đúng cho mỗi chỗ trống.
1. A. Historical
2. A. emperor
3. A. contribution
4. A. In
5. A. special
6. A. stun
7. A. residence
8. A. renovations
9. A. allowable
10. A. stroll
Key – Đáp án:
1. B 2. B 3. C 4. C 5. B 6. B
7. A 8. A 9. B 10. A
2. Read the text and choose the best answer (A, B, C, or D) to each of the following questions.
Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn đáp án đúng cho mỗi câu hỏi.
Being overshadowed by Ha Long Bay to the north, Cat Ba Island is often left out of xri itineraries of the majority of travellers coming to Viet Nam. Neverthelea Cat Ba Island is one of the most underrated destinations in Viet Nam.
The massive island of Cat Ba is a fantastic destination ecotourism and adventure activities in Northern Viet Nam. Cat Ba National Park, which was established on 31st March 1986 i one of the most ecologically diverse national parks in Viet Nam The park possesses seven different ecosystems, both underway and inland. It is home to thirty-two types of mammals, along wit seventy bird species, and more than a thousand species of plants, hundred of which can be used as medicines.
There are several different hiking and trekking routes through rugged and forested mountain within Cat Ba National Park. These routes are also divided by different levels of difficulty, so travellers don’t have to worried if their fitness is not very good. In addition, travel can take a side visit to explore the exquisite Trung Trang cave, or discover the traditional village of Viet Hai.
1. Many travellers choose not to visit Cat Ba Island because____ .
A. they think Ha Long Bay is much better
B. it is not a good destination for tourism
C. there is too much rain there
D. it is too far from Ha Long Bay
2. Cat Ba Island is suitable for____ .
A. scientific research and exploration
B. ecotourism and adventure activities in Northern Viet Nam
C. experiencing urban life
D many indoor activities
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Cat Ba National Park according to the passage?
A. Hiking and trekking in Cat Ba National Park requires a high level of fitness.
B.It is one of the most diverse national parks in Viet Nam.
C.There are seven different ecosystems in Cat Ba National Park.
D. It was established in 1986.
4. The word ‘rugged’ in the passage is closest in meaning to_____ .
A. even C. smooth
B. flat D. uneven
5. The word ‘exquisite’ in the passage is closest in meaning to_____ .
A. quiet C. plain
B. ugly D. beautiful
Key – Đáp án:
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. D 5. D
3. Read the text and answer the questions that follow.
Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời các câu hỏi dưới đây.
Ke Ga Cape, which is about twenty-five kilometres from the city of Phan Thiet, is often overlooked by the majority of travellers coming to Viet Nam. Therefore, the peacefulness of this coastal area has been preserved. If you want to experience the ‘real’, unspoiled side of Viet Nam, we highly recommend that joj add Ke Ga Cape to your ‘places to visit’ list.
Once you’ve arrived at Ke Ga Cape, its attractions are immediately obvious. Most travellers are attracted the sight of its untouched cliffs spreading out along the coast and the sound of the casuarina trees rusling in the breeze.
On sunny days, you will be enthralled by the harmonious tones of the sea and sky, and the sight of cloud embracing the mountain peaks. You can aiso admire the splendid sunrise, and later go for a walk to enjoy the mesmerising sunset. The red-yellow rays of the rejectee in the waves paint an enchanting picture of the pristine Ke Ga Cape. Sometimes it may be hard for you to distinguish where the sky ends and the sea begins.
What are the locals in Ke Ga Lighthouse like?If you want to get to Ke Ga Lighthouse, taking a canoe is highly recommended because it is quick, convenient, and safe. Ke Ga Lighthouse is worth a visit during your Viet Nam tour, if you want to experience daily life in a fishing village. The locals are very friendly, warm-hearted, and sincere. Not surprisingly, they will often invite you to join them for a meal of their freshly caught seafood, which will definitely awaken your taste buds.
1. Why has the peacefulness of Ke Ga Cape been preserved?
2. To whom is Ke Ga Cape highly recommended?
3. What attracts most travellers to Ke Ga Cape?
4. Why is taking a canoe highly recommended if you want to get to Ke Ga Lighthouse?
5. What are the locals in Ke Ga Lighthouse like?
Key – Đáp án:
1. Because it is overlooked by the majoriry of travellers coming to Viet Nam.
2. It is highly recommended to those who want to experience the ‘real’, unspoiled side of Viet Nam.
3. It is the sight of Ke Ga Cape’s untouched cliffs speading out along the coast and the sound of the casuarina trees rustling in the breeze.
4. Because it is quick, convenient, and safe.
5. They are very friendly, warm-hearted, and sincere.
4. Read this itinerary of a trip to Lao Cai, and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
Dưới đây là chuyến đi Lào Cai, đọc và quyết định câu nào là đúng, câu nào là sai.
Night 1: Ha Noi night train to Lao Cai
At 20:00 you are collected and driven to the railway station for the 21:10 train to Lao Cai. Stay overnight on train.
Day 1: Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Sin Chai – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho
When you arrive at Lao Cai station, you will be met by a local guide and a driver. Have breakfast at a local restaurant, then start your journey to Sa Pa. You will be transported down the hill to Sin Chai village, home of the Black Hmong people. Here you can start the journey up the Hoang Lien mountains. Once you reach the summit, you will trek along a small trail with spectacular views, and then gradually descend to Cat Cat village. In the afternoon, you take a trail sneaking through the Hoang Lien mountains. You will enjoy spectacular scenery while walking along a narrow river eventually arriving in Y Linh Ho village. There you can rest in a scenic spot near the beautiful river. You will stay overnight in Y Linh Ho, either in a local house, or camping in a tent depending on the season.
Day 2: Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van
Today’s trek will continue along the Hoang Lien mountain range. You will have many opportunities to enjoy views over the huge rice paddy terraces in Muong Hoa valley. Have lunch at a scenic spot, then descend into the bottom of the valley. You will pass through Lao Chai, a Black Hmong village, and then Ta Van village, where Giay people live. You will spend the night in a traditional house of the Giay people. There, you can take a walk to enjoy the scenery of the valley as well as swim in the river nearby.
Day 3: Ha Noi arrival
Arrive in Ha Noi at 05:00. Return to your hotel on your own. End of the tour.
1. When arriving at Lao Cai station, you will be met and transferred to a local restaurant for breakfast.
2. Cat Cat village is on the top of the Hoang Lien mountains.
3. You will stay overnight in Y Linh Ho in a local hostel.
4. Sin Chai is a village of Black Hmong people.
5. You can enjoy views over the huge rice paddy terraces in Muong Hoa valley.
6. You will have lunch in the Muong Hoa valley.
7. Ta Van is a village populated by Giay people.
8. When arriving in Ha Noi at 05:00, you will be taken back to your hotel by a driver.
Key – Đáp án:
1. T 2. F 3. F 4. T 5. T 6. F
7. T 8. F