Unit 3: Music – Looking Back – trang 34 Unit 3 SGK Tiếng Anh 10 mới. Tổng hợp các bài tập phần Looking Back trang 34 Unit 3 SGK Tiếng Anh 10 mới
1. Listen and repeat the following sentences.
Lắng nghe và lặp lại những câu sau.
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. The best moment for you to show your talent is in the contest tomorrow.
2. In this debate, the contestants will state their opinions and points of view.
3. The modest guest took a rest, and then he started talking about his achievements.
4. You are fortunate because you didn’t arrive late. It is raining now.
5. The passionate singer sang different songs about peace and love.
2. Listen and write down the words.
Lắng nghe và viết ra các từ.
Click tại đây để nghe:
/est/ contest, rest, guest
/ant/ moment, different, achievement
/eit/ commemorate, late, debate, rate
1. Complete the text with the appropriate words from the box.
Hoàn thành bài viết với từ thích hợp trong ô.
Girl Conquers the Voice Contest
Thu Anh was born to a family of artists. As a child she was (1) __________ about singing. Her parents soon realised that she was a (2) __________ singer, but they encouraged their daughter to finish her secondary school. The girl got several awards in local competitions before she won first place in the recent Idol contest. The teen contestant’s professional voice and (3) __________ performance conquered the audience and the panel judges. TV viewers liked her (4) __________ manners in public. Everyone agreed that she was the right choice.
2. In pairs, ask and answer the following questions.
Làm việc theo cặp, hỏi và trả lời những câu hỏi sau.
1. Where did Quan Ho singing come from? When did it start?
2. How is Quan Ho singing performed?
3. Do you think you can create a Quan Ho performance in English? Try!
1. Lối hát Quan Họ đến từ đâu? Nó bắt đầu từ khi nào?
2. Hát Quan Họ được trình diễn như thế nào?
3. Bạn nghĩ rằng bạn có thể tạo ra một bài hát Quan Họ bằng tiếng Anh không? Hãy thử xem!
1. It came from Bac Ninh in the 13th century.
2. A pair of female singers sing a challenging phrase, and a pair of male singers respond by singing a matching phrase. The order is reversed in the next round with a different melody.
3. Answers vary.
3. a. Describe Quan Ho singing in one sentence.
Mô tả điệu hát Quan Họ bằng 1 câu.
b. Describe Dangdut music in one sentence.
Mô tả nhạc Dangdut bằng 1 câu.
3a. Quan Ho singing is a kind of Vietnamese folk music which originated in the 13th century and was recognized by UNESCO in 2009.
3b. Dangdut music is a kind of exciting Indonesian pop music which is played with a combination of traditional and modern musical instruments such as drums, flutes, electrical guitars and organs.
1. Complete the following compound sentences.
Hoàn thành những câu ghép sau.
We can go to the City Opera for a live concert or _______.
Elvis Presley received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award at age 36, but __________.
Her vocals are inspirational and professional ________.
The reality TV programme has been watched: hundreds of million viewers, and ________.
2. Read the following sentences. Underline the incorrect form of the verbs.
Đọc những câu sau. Gạch chân dưới dạng không đúng của động từ.
I will not be able go to the concert tonight.
Let me to explain what the music excerpt means.
He asked me sing a few songs by Van Cao.
His performance makes me to fall asleep.
My sister never agrees to let me to go to rap shows.
1. I will not be able go to the concert tomorrow night. (be able to do something: có khả năng làm gì)
2. Let me to explain what the music excerpt means. (let somebody do something: để ai đó làm gì)
3. He asked me sing a few songs by Van Cao. (ask somebody to do something: yêu cầu ai đó làm gì)
4. His performance makes me to fall asleep. (make somebody do something (khiến ai đó làm gì)
5. My sister never agrees to let me to go to the rap show. (let somebody do something: để ai đó làm gì)
3. Rewrite the incorrect sentences in 2, using the correct forms of the verbs.
Viết lại những câu sai ở bài 2, sử dụng dạng đúng của động từ.
I will not be able to go to the concert tomorrow night. (be able to do something: có khả năng làm gì)
Let me explain what the music excerpt means. (let somebody do something: để ai đó làm gì)
He asked me to sing a few songs by Van Cao. (ask somebody to do something: yêu cầu ai đó làm gì)
His performance makes me fall asleep. (make somebody do something (khiến ai đó làm gì)
My sister never agrees to let me go to the rap show. (let somebody do something: để ai đó làm gì)