Unit 10: Nature in danger – Thiên nhiên đang lâm nguy – Language focus – Unit 10 trang 121 tiếng Anh 11. Choose the suitable italicised words to complete the following sentences.
Exercise 1. Choose the suitable italicised words to complete the following sentences.
1. To who/whom it may concern.
-> To whom it may concern.
2. It was a service for which/that I was grateful.
-> It was a service for which I was grateful.
3. The success of a shared holiday depends on who/whom you share it with.
-> The success of a shared holiday depends on whom you share it with.
4. Do you like the person who/whom sits next to you?
-> Do you like the person who sits next to you?
5. Midway through the second half, Manchester United scored their third goal, at that which point Leeds United save up completely.
-> Midway through the second half. Manchester United scored their third goal, at that point Leeds United gave up completely.
6. There is one person to whom/who I owe more than I can say.
-> There is one person to whom 1 own more than I can say.
7. It was the kind of accident for which/that nobody was really to blame.
-> It was the kind of accident for which nobody was really to blame.
Exercise 2. Combine the following sentences, using preposition + whom or which.
1. The man was very kind. I talked to him yesterday.
-> The man to whom I talked yesterday was very kind.
2. The man works in the hospital. I told you about him.
-> The man about whom I told you works in the hospital.
3. The woman teaches me English. I am telling you about her.
-> The woman about whom I am telling you teaches me English.
4. The movie is fantastic. They are talking about it.
-> The movie about which they are talking is fantastic.
5. The picture was beautiful. She was looking at it.
-> The picture at which she was looking was beautiful.
6. I’ll give you the address. You should write to it.
-> I’ll give you the address to which you should write.
Exercise 3. Complete the following sentences, using who, whom, which or that
1. Jack is the one whom/ that I miss most.
2. It was a kind of computer with which I was not familiar.
3. Do you get on with the person who lives next door?
4. I must thank the man from whom I got the present.
5. It is an event which/ that I would rather not forget.
6. The meeting to which I went was interesting.
7. The person who did it was never caught.
8. That’s the woman to whom Jim used to be married.