Unit 5: Illiteracy – Nạn mù chữ – Language Focus – Unit 5 trang 63 SGK Tiếng Anh 11. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, using the words given.
E. LANGUAGE FOCUS
Exereise 1. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, using the words given.
(Hoàn thành câu thứ hai để nó có cùng nghĩa với câu đầu, sử dụng các từ đã cho.)
1. “We’ll come back again.”
They promised____________________________ .
2. “You’d better not swim too far from the shore,” the lifeguard said to us.
The lifeguard advised__________________________ .
3. “Could you close the window?” John said to Peter.
John asked_________________________________ .
4. “You should join the football team. Eric,” said the teacher.
The teacher encouraged________________________ .
5. “I’ll give it to him tomorrow,’’ John said.
John promised______________________________ .
6. “I’d like Lan to become a doctor.” my mum said.
My mum wanted____________________________ .
7. “Remember to lock the door before going to school.” my sister said.
My sister reminded __________________________ .
8. “You should go home and rest for a while,” said the boss.
His boss advised ____________________________.
1. They promised to come back again.
2. The lifeguard advised US not to swim too far from the shore.
3. John asked Peter to close the window.
4. The teacher encouraged Eric to join the football team.
5. John promised to give it to him the next day.
6. My mum wanted Lan to become a doctor.
7. My sister reminded me to lock the door before going to school.
8. His boss advised him to go home and rest for a while.
Exercise 2.Write the following sentences in reported speech, using the right form of the words given in the brackets.
(Viết các câu sau ở thể tường thuật, sử dụng dạng đúng của các từ đã cho trong ngoặc.)
1. “You should not drink too much beer.” (ADVISE)
2. “Come and see me whenever you want.” (INVITE)
3. “Please don’t smoke in my car.” (ASK)
4. “ Sue, give me your phone number.” (TELL)
5. “Don’t forget to give the book back to Joe.” (REMIND)
6. “I’ll never do it again.” (PROMISE)
7. “All right. I’ll wait for you.” (AGREE)
8. “Please, lend me some money.” (ASK)
1. He advised me not to drink top much beer.
2. She invited me to come and see her whenever I wanted.
3. John asked me not to smoke in Ills class.
4. He told Sue to aive him her phone number.
5. He reminded me to give the book back to Joe.
6. He promised not to do it again.
7. He agreed to wait for me.
8. John asked her to lend him some money.