Unit 7: World Population – Dân số thế giới – Language focus – Unit 7 trang 86 tiếng Anh 11. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. Add ’ll/will,or ’d/would if necessary.
Exercise 1. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. Add ’ll/will,
or ’d/would if necessary.
1. I (drive) ………… to work if I had a car.
2. Where in Vietnam would you like to live if you (can)……….choose?
3. If the weather (be)………….good, we will have lunch outside.
4. If the company offers me a job, I think I (take) ………..it.
5. Many people would be out of work if that factory (close) ………….down.
6. It you finish before 4:30, I (come)…………..and pick you up.
l. world drive 3. Is 5. closed
2. could choose 4. will take 6. will come
Exercise 2. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form
1. They would have paid you more if they (be told)……….of its value.
2. If I (realise) ………..that Greg wanted to get up early, I would have woken him up.
3. If you had had breakfast, you (not/be)………….hungry.
4. If they had had enough money, they (buy)……………that house.
5. If he (study) ……………harder, he would have passed the exams.
1. had been told 4. would have bought
2. had realized 5. had studied
3. wouldn’t have been
Exercise 3. Change the following conditional sentences into reported speech
1. “I will come to see you if I have time,” the man said to her.
->The men told her he would come to see her if he had time.
2. “What would you say if someone stepped on your feet?” he asked her.
-> He asked her what she would say if someone stepped on her feet.
3. “If it doesn’t rain, we will go out with you,” they said to me.
-> They told me if it didn’t rain, they would go out with me.
4. “What would you do if you were a billionaire?” the man asked the woman.
-> The man asked the woman what she would do if she were a billionaire.
5. “If you had asked me, I would have lent vou my motorbike.” the man said to me.
-> The man told me if I had asked him, he would have lend me his motorbike.
6. “They would be very disappointed if you did not come,” the man said to his daughter.
-> The man told his daughter the would be very disappointed if she didn’t come.
7.“I’m sure they will understand if you explain the situation to them” the boy said to the girl.
-> The boy told the girl he was sure they would understand if she explained the situation to them.