Unit 15: Space Conquest – Cuộc chinh phục không gian – Listening – Unit 15 trang 172 tiếng Anh 11. Work in pairs. Match the pictures with the captions. (Làm việc theo cặp. Nối các hình ảnh với chủ thích.)
Before you listen
Work in pairs. Match the pictures with the captions. (Làm việc theo cặp. Nối các hình ảnh với chủ thích.)
Picture A 2. The Apollo crew
Picture B 5. The first foot print on the moon
Picture C 3. Walking on the Moon
Picture D 1. Orbitins
Picture E 4. The Moon landing
Listen and repeat
Congress Challenge NASA Kennedy
Mission Experiment Michael Collins Apollo
Reminder Achievement Neil Armstrong Buzz Aldrin
While you listen
Task 1. Listen and decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F). (Lắng nghe và quyết định việc các báo cáo sau đây là đúng (T) hoặc sai (F).)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. In a speech to Congress in 1916, the US President Kennedv asked the nation to put a man on the moon. F (1961)
2. The astronauts on board of the spacecraft were Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins. T
3. On July 20th, 1969 Michael Collins became the first man on moon. F (Neil Armstrong)
4. Armstrong and Aldrin spent two hours on the moon’s surface. F (two and half hours)
5. An American flag was left on the moon’s surface. T
In a speech to the Congress in 1961, the US President Kennedy challenged the nation to put a man on the moon before the end of the decade. After the president’s speech. NASA’s Apollo proaram was developed to meet the challenge.
On July 16th, 1969, the Apollo 11 was launched. The astronauts on board of the spacecraft were Neil Armstrong. Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.
On July 20th, 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first man on the moon. He was followed by Aldrin 40 minutes later. To walk on the moon surface, the astronauts need to wear a spacesilit with a portable life support system. This controlled the oxygen, temperature and pressure inside the spacesuit.
Armstrong and Aidrin spent a total of two and a hair hours on the moon’s surface. They performed a variety of experiments and collected soil and rock samples to return to the Earth. An American flag was left on the moon’s surface as a reminder of the achievement.
The crew of Apollo 11 returned to the Earth on July 24th , 1969, They successfully completed their historic mission. It is regarded as the greatest efforts in the history of mankind.
Task 2. Listen again and answer the questions. (Nghe lại và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. Which programme was developed to meet President Kennedy’s challenge?
—> NASA’s Apollo programme was developed to meet President Kennedy’s challenge.
2. When was the Apollo 11 launched?
—> The Apollo 11 launched on July 16th 1969.
3. What was the portable life support system used for?
— >It was used for controlling tile oxygen, temperature and pressure inside the spacesuit.
4. How long did the astronauts stay on the suface of the moon?
—> The astronauts stayed on the surface of the moon for two and a half hours.
5. What did they do while they were staying on the surface of the moon?
—> They performed a variety of experiments and collected soil and rock samples to return to Earth.
6. When did the astronauts return to the Earth ?
—> They returned to the Earth on July 24th, 1969.
After you listen
Discuss the following questions. (Thảo luận các câu hỏi sau.)
1. In your opinion, what is the reason for the human interest in Mars and other planets in the solar system?
—> I think human beings like adventure…
2. If you were offered a chance of going to the moon and you could take three things with you, what would you choose and why?
—> I would take a camera to take a lot of photos…