Unit 3: A Party – Một bữa tiệc – Writing – Unit 3 trang 37 SGK Tiếng Anh 11. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions. (Làm việc theo cặp. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
Task 1. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
(Làm việc theo cặp. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. On what occasions are parties held?
(Vào những dịp nào các bữa tiệc thường được tổ chức?)
(birthdays, anniversaries. New Year’s Eve.)
2. What kind of clothes do people often wear at a party?
(Mọi người thường mặc gì tới bữa tiệc?)
(traditional costume, a formal or informal dress)
3. What kind of presents do people often bring to a party?
(Loại quà nào mọi người thường mang tới bữa tiệc?)
(cakes, chocolate, candy, flowers….)
1. Parties are held on birthdays, anniversaries, New Year’s Eve.
2. People wear traditional costume, a formal or informal dress
3. People bring cakes, chocolate, candy, flowers ….
Task 2. Complete the letter of invitation below with the words/ phrases in the box.
(Hoàn thành bức thư mời dưới đây với các từ, cụm từ cho trong bảng.)
67 Ngọc Ha Street Hanoi, Vietnam
Dear Minh Hanh,
Iam having a New Year’s Eve party (1)_____at 7 p.m on 31st December.
Would you like (2) _____? Most of our classmates have been invited, too. There will be lots of (3)_____ and some special foods that I mvself am going (4) to cook. Of course, there will be dancing and some games with nice prizes for the (5) winners____.
Please let me know (6)_____ whether you can come.
|(1) at my house||(2) to come||(3) refreshments|
|(4) to cook||(5) winners||(6) by Monday|
Task 3. You are going to hold a party. You want to invite your classmate to the party. Write a letter of invitation, following these guidelines.
(Bạn sẽ tổ chức một bữa tiệc. Bạn muốn mời các bạn cùng lớp tới tham dự. Viết một bức thư mời theo hướng dẫn dưới đây.)
– What party are you going to organize?
– Where and when do you intend to organize the party?
– How many people do you plan to invite and who are they?
– What activities will take place at the party?
– What food and drink will be served at the party?
I’m going to hold a party for my birthday at my house at 5 p.m on January the twelve. Will you come? Most of the students in our class have been invited. Besides usual foods and drinks, there will be a special food I myself am going to cook.
I’m looking, forward to seeing you at my party.
As the school year is coming to an end. I’m giving a farewell party before we go away for holiday. Would you like to come? It will be held at my home at 7 p.m this coming Sunday. I intend to invite about 10 people, so it will be a small gathering. I will order some pizzas and buy snacks and fruits. There will be dancing and karaoke competition, so there will be a lot of fun.
Please let me know if you can come. Just leave me a message on the phone if you can’t catch me at home.