Unit 10: Lifelong learning – Communication and Culture – trang 66 Unit 10 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới. Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Communication and Culture – trang 66 Unit 10 SGK tiếng anh 12 mới
A famous lifelong learner
1. Listen to a student talking about President Ho Chi Minh as an example of a successful lifelong learner Complete each statement with no more than three words. (Nghe một sinh viên nói chuyện về Chủ tịch Hồ Chí Minh như một ví dụ của một người học suốt đời thành công. Hoàn thành mỗi câu với không quá ba từ.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. continuous self-motivation
2.travelling and work
3. writing words, glancing at them
4. reading in libraries
President Ho Chi Minh is a well-known example for the Vietnamese people of a successful lifelong learner.
The revolutionary leader once modestly described his own schooling as consisting of only the compulsory education grades. However, what made him a great leader and an inspiration to everyone is his continuous self-motivation for learning, which is one of the essential qualities of a lifelong learner’.
Once, addressing the audience at an Indonesian university, the President revealed that his university was all the travelling and the work he had done. This way, his schooling continued forever, well into his senior age.
Talking about learning languages, the President said that he would write new words on his hands, and now and then he would glance at them while he was working. When in England, he was often seen in crowded places learning and practising English. He was also known for his frequent visits to libraries where he read intensively about topics of interest and attended public presentations. He enjoyed talking to different people. These activities were wonderful opportunities for his language development.
2. In groups, discuss the lessons of lifelong learning you can learn from President Ho Chi Minh.
Trong nhóm, thảo luận về những bài học của học tập suốt đời, bạn có thể học hỏi từ Chủ tịch Hồ Chí Minh.
1. Read the texts about lifelong learning in Australia and Singapore. Answer the questions that follow. (Đọc văn bản về học tập suốt đời tại Úc và Singapore. Trả lời các câu hỏi phía dưới.)
Australia has an education system that encourages lifelong learning and recognises both formal and informal learning. This form of education has been developed to increase individual income and employment security. It has also helped businesses and organisations to be more competitive and to keep up with global development. As a result, Australia is becoming one of the leading countries in the world.
In general, Australians believe that pursuing lifelong learning will help them to get a good job and meet employers’ demands.
With the aim of building the future and strengthening social security, the Singaporean government has built a modern and friendly environment for lifelong learning. Lifelong learning can also help amend some of the weaknesses of the education system. Singapore has launched a project, designed to update the knowledge and develop the skills needed by industries. Consequently, a good lifelong learner could advance at work and in life. Starting with the workforce, the government has created initiatives and programmes for employees to improve their job relevant skills. This is one part of the lifelong Skills Future scheme, which will enable all Singaporeans to actively take responsibility for their learning throughout their lives by attending various courses.
What are the aims of the Australian lifelong learning programmes?
What are the main reasons for Australians to pursue lifelong learning?
Why did Singapore decide to build lifelong learning environment?
How can the Skills Future scheme benefit all Singaporeans?
1. To increase individual income and employment security; to help businesses and organisations to be more competitive; to keep up with global development.
2. To get a good job and meet their employers’ demands.
3. To build the future and strengthen social security.
4. It enables Singaporeans to actively take responsibility for their learning throughout their lives by attending various courses.
2. What do you think the Vietnamese government should do to encourage lifelong learning? Discuss in pairs.
Bạn nghĩ chính phủ Việt Nam nên làm để khuyến khích học tập suốt đời? Thảo luận theo cặp.
I think the government should carry out programmes to raise people’s awareness of lifelong learning as a key to creating happy citizens and successful employees. Besides, there should be more and more initiatives and policies to support the employees who are following courses and programmes to meet the demands of employers. Consequently, these citizens will contribute more and more to the development of the country.