Unit 12 : Water Sports – Thể Thao Dưới Nước – Speaking – Unit 12 trang 131 Tiếng Anh 12. Work in pairs. Look at the pictures and match the names with the appropriate water sports. (Làm việc từng đôi. Nhìn vào hình và ghép tên môn thể thao dưới nước thích hợp.)
Task 1: Work in pairs. Look at the pictures and match the names with the appropriate water sports. (Làm việc từng đôi. Nhìn vào hình và ghép tên môn thể thao dưới nước thích hợp.)
1. A. What’s the sport in the upper right picture?
B. It’s synchronized swimming.
2. A. What do you call the sport in the upper centre picture?
B. We call it water polo.
3. A. What’s the sport in the upper left picture?
B. It’s swimming.
4. A. What’s the sport in the lower right picture?
B. It’s rowing.
5. A. What’s the name of the sport in the lower centre picture?
B. It’s scuba-diving.
6. A. What’s the sport in the lower left picture?
B. It’s windsurfing.
Task 2: Work in pairs. Look at the table and talk about each of the water sport. (Làm việc từng đôi. Nhìn vào bản và nói về một môn thể thao dưới nước.)
Type of sport
Equipment required to play with
Number of players/ participants
sea, lake, river
air tank, regulator, wet suit, mask, fins
1. Rowing is usually played in a lake or on a river. It’s played in a boat and people in a learn use oars to push the boat lo go forwards.
2. Windsurfinc is played in the sea or a lake, especially where there is strong wind. It is played with a board and a sail. People can play it individually.
3. Scuba-diving is played in the sea. People who play it must have required equipment an air tank, a regulator, a pair of fins and a mask. People usually play it in pairs. This sport is rather dangerous when you dive in a deep sea because you can be attacked by sharks.
Task 3: Work in groups. Discuss the question “Which of the above sports would you prefer to play / to participate in? Explain why?” (Làm việc từng nhóm.Thảo luận câu hỏi “Môn thể thao nước nào trong những môn kể trên em thích chơi / tham gia hơtn? Giải thích tại sao?)
A. Among water sports which would you prefer to play?
B. I’d prefer to swim,
B. According to me, it’s an easy, interesting and healthy sport. Swimming not only gives you good health, but it can also give you a good shape. When you swim, all parts of your body move. And it’s this move that stimulates all the muscles of your body.
D. In addition, swimming is a cheap sport because it doesn’t require any equipment. You need to go to a swimmong pool. It’ll do.
A. Moreover swimming is also a safe sport.
B. As result of this swimming is becoming more and more popular.