Unit 13 : The 22nd Sea Game – Đông Nam Á Vận Hội Lần Thứ 22 – Speaking – Unit 13 trang 141 Tiếng Anh 12. Work in pairs. Discuss and write the name of the sport under each symbol. Which sport(s) do you like / dislike? Give your reasons.
Task 1: Work in pairs. Discuss and write the name of the sport under each symbol. Which sport(s) do you like / dislike? Give your reasons. (Làm việc từng đôi.Thảo luận và viết tên của môn thể thao dưới mỗi biểu tượng. Em thích / không thích (những) môn thể thao nào? Cho lí do.)
1.football 2. tennis 3. swimming
5. cycling 5. basketball 6. running (athletics)
I like swimming because it’s an easy and inexpensive sport. We can practise swimming at any place: in a river, in a lake or in a swimming pool. In an other aspect, it doesn’t require any equipment to exercise. In addition, we can teach ourselves how to swim.
Task 2: Work with a partner. Talk about some of the records at the 22nd SEA Games, using the information in the table below. (Làm việc với một bạn cùng học. Nói về một số kỉ lục ở Đông Nam Á Vận Hội lần 22, dùng thông tin ở bàn dưới đây.)
Records of the 22nd SEA Games
Athletics (Men’s 200 m)
Boonthung (Thailand) 20.14 seconds
Women’s Marathon (42 km)
Emi (Indonesia) 2 hours 52 minutes 28 seconds
Men’s Long Jump
Amri (Malaysia) 7.76 m.
Women’s High Jump
Ruphai (Thailand) 1.86 m.
Swimming (Men’s 1500 m)
Yurita (Indonesia) 13 minutes 19.26 seconds
Cycling (Women’s 25 km cross-country)
Maria (Philippines) 1 hour 29 minutes 35 seconds.
Tennis (Men’s Singles)
Dannal (Thailand) defeated Febi (Indonesia) 6-2,6-1.
1. Emi, from Indonesia, won the Women’s Marathon in two hours 52 minutes 28 seconds.
2 . Amri, a Malaysian athlete, won the Men’s Long Jump. He jumped 7,76 meters.
3. Ruphai. from Thailand, won the Women’s Hish Jump. She jumped 1,86 meters.
4. Yurila, an Indonesian athlete, won the Men’s Swimming. He swam 1,500 meters in 13 minutes 19.26 seconds.
Task 3: Work in groups. Make a report on the sports results, using the information in the scoreboard..(Làm việc từng nhóm. Tường thuật theo kết quả của những môn thể thao, dùng thông tin ở bảng điểm.)
22nd SEA Games
Women’s Final: Vietnam: 2………Myanmar: 1
Third – place Playoff: Thailand: 6……….Malaysia: 1
Men’s Final: Thailand: 2…………Vietnam: 1
Women s Final: Thailand: 3……….Vietnam: 0
1. Thailand and Malaysia played in the Women’s Third Place Play-off. The Thai Team won the bronze medal with the score 6-1.
2. Thailand and Vietnam played in the Men’s Football Final and the Thai Team won the gold medal. The result was 2-1.
3. Thailand and Vietnam played in the Women’s Volleyball Final. The Thai Team won the gold medal with the score 3-0 (three-nil)