Unit 6: Viet Nam: Then and now – A closer look 2 Trang 63 Unit 3 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới . Tổng hợp bài tập phần A closer look 2 Trang 63 Unit 3 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Fill in each blank with the past perfect form of the verb in brackets.
Điền mỗi chỗ trống một động từ ở dạng quá khứ hoàn thành
1. Before the 1990s, trams (be)_____ a popular means of transport In Ha Noi.
2. I won the game because I (play) __ It a lot with my brother.
3. How long _____ you (use)_______ your mobile phone before it broke down?
4. Before the invention of television, people only (see) films at the cinema.
5. Before the 1990s, Viet Nam (have)____ an old banking system.
6. Viet Nam (experience) _____decades of fighting for freedom before the country became totally independent.
2. Ask and answer the following questions using the cues.
Hỏi và trả lời những câu hỏi sau có sử dụng gợi ý.
How long had King Due Due ruled our country before he was overthrown?
1. – What/family groups/Vietnamese people/live in before 1990?
– They/live/extended family.
2. – How/people in Viet Nam/travel/before the first motorbike/imported?
3. – How/Vietnamese people/live/before the open- door policy in 1986?
– They/had/harder life.
4. – Where/your family/spend/holidays/before 2005?
– We/holidays/Viet Nam/only/before then.
5. – Who/rule/Viet Nam right before the Tran dynasty?
– Ly Chieu Hoang/rule/before the Tran dynasty.
1. What family groups had Vietnamese people lived in before 1990?
– They had lived in extended families.
2. How had people in Viet Nam travelled before the first motorbike was imported?
– They had travelled by bicycle.
3. – How had Vietnamese people lived before the open-door policy in 1986?
– They had had a harder life.
4. Where had your family spent holidays before 2005?
– We had spent our holidays only in Viet Nam before then.
5. Who had ruled Viet Nam right before the Tran dynasty?
– Ly Chieu Hoang had ruled the country before the Tran dynasty.
3. Match the first half of the sentence in A with the second half in B.
Nối một nửa của câu ở mục A với một nửa của câu ở mục B
1.F 2.A 3.B 4.E 5.D 6.C
4. Fill in each blank with one adjective from the box. More than one adjective can be used.
Điền vào mỗi chỗ trống 1 tính từ trong bảng. Nhiều hơn 1 tính từ được chấp nhận
I was to meet my best friend yesterday.
He is ____ to have so little time for his family.
They were ________ to finish their last performance.
She’s_____ to get the job. The interview went really well.
Themotherwas _____ to hear that her smart son failed the exam.
All the students were____ to have passed the exams.
5. Create one sentence by combining each pair of sentences using subject + be + adjective + that-clause.
Viết câu bằng cách kết hợp 2 câu sử dụng cấu trúc S+ be+ tính từ+ that+ mệnh đề.
1. We did well in the exam. We were relieved about that .
We ____________________________________________________ .
2. I am sorry about the school facilities our parents had. They were very poor.
I ______________________________________________________ .
3. Everyone was glad.The government had decided to invest more in education.
4. It will be much safer to have elevated walkways and underpass systems for pedestrians.
Everyone is aware of this ___________________________________ .
5. Life in the countryside has improved considerably. All of us are delighted about that.
All of us ________________________________________________ .
1. We were relieved that we had done well in the exam.
2. I am sorry that our parents had very poor school facilities.
3. Everyone was glad that the government had decided to invest more in education.
4. Everyone is aware that it will be much safer to have elevated walkways and underpass systems for pedestrians.
5. All of us are delighted that life in the countryside has improved considerably.
6. Finish the following sentences using your own ideas. Then compare your ideas with a partner.
Hoàn thành các câu sau sử dụng ý tưởng của bạn. Sau đó so sánh với bạn cặp của mình.
It was kind of them ____________________ .
They were certain to___________________ .
She is confident that___________________ .
He was afraid that_____________________ .
The teachers are aware that_____________ .
The head teacher was astonished to ______ .
1. to support the victims after the disaster
2. be able to build the country into a powerful one
3. Viet Nam has good potential for tourism
4. there would be less land for agriculture in Viet Nam
5. non-academic subjects are also significant
6. learn that some of his students could not get scholarships