Unit 2: City Life – Cuộc sống thành thị – A closer look 2 Unit 2 Trang 19 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới . Tổng hợp các bài tập phần A closer look 2 Trang 19 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Match the beginning to the correct endings.
Nối đoạn mở đầu với phần phần còn lại.
1. It’s not as
a. faster than ever.
2, That skyscraper is one
b. to spell better.
3. The exam was
c. than being stuck in a traffic jam 1
4. Life in the past was
d. of the tallest buildings in the wood
5, Mexico City is a lot
e. more difficult than 1 expected.
6, Kids are growing up
f. simple as it looks!
7. Nothing is worse
g. bigger than Rome.
8. These fun cards will encourage kids
h. less comfortable than it is now.
1.f 2.d 3. e 4. h 5. g 6. a 7. c 8.b
2. Complete the text with the most suitable form of the adjectives in brackets. Add the where necessary.
Hoàn thành đoạn văn với dạng thích hợp của các tình từ trong ngoặc. Thêm the nếu cần.
the most popular
the most popular
the most exciting
3. Look at the conversation in GETTING STARTED again. Find and underline the phrasal verbs.
Nhìn vào đoạn hội thoại trong phần Getting Started. Tìm và gạch chân các cụm động từ.
to get over
to show someone around
to grow up
to be set up
4. Underline the corect particle to complete each phrasal verb.
Gạch chân giới từ thchs hợp cho mỗi cụm động từ.
gets on with
take your hats off
5. Underline the phrasal verbs in the sentences and match them to their meaning from the box
Gạch chân những cụm động từ trong câu và nối chúng với nghĩa trong bảng.
1. You don’t need the light on in here. Turn it off please.
2. They offered him a place at the company but turned it down.
3. The doctor wanted to go over the test results with her patient.
4. Once you’ve finished cleaning, you can go on with your work.
5. When you come inside, you should take off your coat and hat.
6. The local meeting is on Oct. 15th. Put it down in your diary.
6. Read the text and find eight phrasal verbs. Match each of them with a definition the box.
Đọc đoạn văn và tìm 8 cụm động từ. Nối mỗi cụm động từ với nghĩa thích hợp trong bảng.
consider ask for (a job) arrive
put on smart clothes discover continue
make someone feel happier make progress
For her first evening work at the bar, dressed up. She a black skirt and blouse, as she had been told to look smart. However, when she turned up, she found out that the manager had been less honest with her about the job. She had to serve the customers and also work in kitchen. Still, she decided to go on working at the bar for the time being. After all, she was getting on well in the job. Three months later, she saw an advertisement in the paper for a sales assistant at a department store. She thought it over carefully, and decided apply for it. ‘But I won’t tell anyone until i’ve got the new job!’ she thought. The prospect of doing something different cheered her up considerably.