Unit 4: Life in the past – Looking back Unit 4 Trang 48 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới . Tông hợp bài tập phần Looking back Unit 4 Trang 48 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Choose the best answer A, B, or C to complete the sentences.
Chọn đáp án A, B hoặc C để hoàn thành câu.
1. The children in my home village used to go _____ even in winter. Now they all have shoes.
A. on foot B. bare-footed C. playing around
2. There is usually a gap between the old and the young, especially when the world is changing so fast.
A. generation B. value C. age
3. Every nation has respect for their long-preserved
A. behaviours B. practices C. traditions
4. In Viet Nam,____ often refers to age and social position, not to wealth.
A. seniority B. tradition C. generation
5. Giving lucky money to the young and the old at Tet is a common in many Asian countries.
A. behavior B. practice C. tradition
1B 2A 3C 4A 5B
2a. Match the verbs in A with their definitions in B
Nối những động từ ở cột A với các định nghĩa ở cột B
b. Use the verbs in A in their correct forms to complete the sentences.
Sử dụng các động từ ở cột A theo dạng đúng của nó để hoàn thành câu
1. Small children like listening to and ______ stories.
2. Hand-writing a letter is a pastime that is beginning to ______. I’m already beginning to miss it.
3. Should we try to _______ every custom or tradition which is in danger of dying out?
4. He’s _______ data for his book Values in the Past.
5. She often ____________ her children by telling them stories and acting them out.
a. 1b 2e 3a 4c 5d
3. Write true sentences about the practice of following things in the past, using used to and didn’t use to.
Viết câu đúng sử dụng cấu trúc “used to” và “didn’t use to”
men/bread winner of the family
women/go to work
people/make banh chung at Tet/themselves
children/play outdoor games
Men used to be the bread winner of the family.
Women didn’t use to go to work.
People didn’t use to travel on holiday.
Families didn’t use to be nuclear.
People used to make banh chung at Tet themselves.
Children used to play outdoor games.
4. Read these situations and write wishes want to make for them.
Đọc những tình huống sau và viết câu với cấu trúc “wish”
1. Your village does not have access to clean piped water.
2. Your school is on the other side of a river, you have to cross the river by boat twice a to school.
3. There is no organisation for social activities teenagers in your town.
4. You are interested in basketball but you are rxr tall enough for the sport.
5. In your area, there are only two seasons: dry arc wet. You love autumn and spring.
1. I wish my village had access to clean piped water.
2. I wish there was/were a bridge over the river, so we did not have to cross the river by boat twice a day to school.
3. I wish there was/were an organisation for social activities for teenagers in my town.
4. I wish I was/were tall enough to play basketball.
5. I wish there were four seasons in my area./1 wish we had spring and autumn in my area.
5. Look at the picture and finish the boy’s wishes.
Nhìn vào bức tranh và hoàn thành điều ước của cậu bé.
1. I wish it would stop raining.
2. I wish the wind weren’t blowing so hard.
3. I wish the sun were shining.
4. I wish I were sitting in a warm house.
6. Rearrange the sentences to make a meaningful conversation.
Sắp xếp lại đoạn hội thoại theo thứ tự đúng.
1. Mai, are you going to the Tet flower market with us this afternoon?
2. We used to. But this year my mother wants to bring back some traditions.
3. Interesting! I’ll come.
4. I’m sorry I can’t. I’m making candied fruits.
5. Wow… That’s time-consuming and it requires a lot of patience. My family buys it.
6. Certainly! And we can learn how to make banh chung too. My father will teach us.
7. She said that if we didn’t do it, our customs and traditions would die out.
8. Oh, I see. Can I join you?