Unit 6: Viet Nam: Then and now – Looking back Unit 6 Trang 68 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới . Tổng hợp bài tập phần Looking back Unit 6 Trang 68 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Complete the following word web with transport systems in Viet Nam then and now.
Hoàn thành mạng lưới từ sau đấy với hệ thống giao thông ở Việt Nam xưa và nay.
earthen road, path, trench, brick road, tunnel, alley, tram system
concrete road, underpass, flyover, skytrain system, skywalk system, cable car, tunnel, alley
2. Fill in each blank with one word/phrase.
Điền chỗ trống từ /cụm từ
1. She lived in a(n)_______ family, so she didn’t have much privacy.
2. We live in a______ family with only my parents and me.
3. Our children didn’t have good learning ______ like computers, CD players, or laboratories during the 1980s.
4. ______ used to be an image associated with our soldiers in the past.
5. Classrooms made of mud and straw with _______ all around used to be common in Viet Nam during the war.
1. extended 2. nuclear 3. facilities
4. Rubber sandals 5. trenches
3. Read the passage and fill in each blank with a suitable word from the box.
Đọc đoạn văn và điền vào chỗ trống từ thích hợp trong bảng
I used to go to a school for the gifted in Ho Chi Minh City. My house was far away, so I had to live with my relatives. It was an (1) __ family with ten people and a cousin of my age. My mother was worried because I came from a (2) __________ family-much smaller and less complicated. I was a very (3)____ girl – the type of person who never does what they are told. I was even envious when my cousin got higher grades. Luckily, my relatives were actually very (4)_______ and (5)_________ , and my cousin herself was a (6) girl. She didn’t get too upset by my bad behaviour. Just as (7)______________ as her mother, she was ready to lend a hand in my study and to take care of me when I was ill. After three years with them, I also learnt that to get along with members in a big family, I should learn hovt to (8) ______.
4. Complete the sentences with appropriate adjectives.
Hoàn thành câu với các tính từ thích hợp
1. It is to value the improved living conditions we have today.
2. She was _______ the skytrain system would solve the traffic problems in the city.
3. The government is ___________ that our education system will be improved significantly by the year 2020.
4. We are all________ that pollution is getting more and more serious.
5. We were________ to have heard about the poor living conditions back then.
6. I am______ that the clanging sounds of the trams in Ha Noi will stay in our hearts forever.
Key: 1. necessary/important
5. Correct the italised text where necessary.
Sửa phần được in nghiêng nếu cần thiết
We had finally finished the school year and Trang asked me to go to Da Nang by train with her. I thought that (1) it was dangerous to go by ourselves since we were just fifteen. But Trang (2) was confident that she take me there safely/ Moreover, our (3) parents were too busy to go with us, so they (4) were happy let us go. They even took us to Ha Noi Station and left us there with all the luggage and tickets. I (5) was still worried that we would get lost, but Trang (6) was pleased to be allowed to go on her own. We both(7) felt that it was more convenient to go by night train because we could sleep during the night. When we arrived, I (8) was astonished that the city be very different from what I saw five years earlier, and I was so relieved that we had arrived safe and sound as she promised.
take —> could take
let —> to let
be —> was
6. Role-play. Interview a travel agent about Vietnamese people’s holiday trends before and after 2000. Use the cues in the table for your interview. You may use the example to get you started.
ĐÓng kịch. Phỏng vấn 1 hãng du lịch về xu hướng nghỉ lễ của người Việt Nam trước và sau năm 2000. Sử dụng các gợi ý trong bảng. Có thể dùng ví dụ để bắt đầu phần trình diễn của mình.
Interviewer: Have the Vietnamese changed the way they spend their holidays over the last 20 years?
Travel agent: Considerably. For example, they’ve change: their holiday destinations.
Interviewer: So… where did they often go before 2000?
Travel agent: They often went to…